Who we are:
Our mission is to reach out to and empower people affected by limb loss to achieve their full potential through education, support, and advocacy and promote limb loss prevention.
What we do:
Whether it is reaching new amputees with critical recovery information, fighting for fair insurance laws, or providing daily tips to make a living with limb loss more accessible, the work of the Amputee Coalition is impacting lives every day.
The Amputee Coalition is looking for a Digital Media & Graphic Design Specialist to craft compelling creative assets for digital and print. The incumbent is responsible for the development, design and production of a variety of creative print, social media, and web projects that result in high quality, message-consistent digital content that creates engagement and awareness for the limb loss and limb difference community. The Digital Media & Graphic Design Specialist must be a creative and qualified individual that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can generate high-quality social and digital content quickly. The incumbent is capable of collaborating and coordinating with other creative members of the team, as well as external partners, to ensure that creative is on-brand and consistent with the organization’s design and imagery guidelines, and is aware of current design and marketing trends.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Digital Media & Graphic Design Specialist is a foundational member of a growing Communications team. The Digital Media & Graphic Design Specialist will serve as a generalist within the department and support a variety of digital and web communications strategies/activities and graphic design production for inMotion magazine, developed six times a year. This role also contributes to the organizational emphasis on ensuring that the Amputee Coalition and its National Limb Loss Resource Center are seen as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information for people impacted by limb loss and limb difference.
- Create and post digital content that delivers a clear message, functionality, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), usability and within AC brand standards; maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
- Create, curate and post digital media content across all channels.
- Develop the design of digital and print projects, from conception to completion, including inMotion magazine, reports, marketing brochures, toolkits, social media assets, campaign collateral and special projects.
- Create and post engaging social media content, including motion graphics.
- Craft creative solutions to address our marketing, brand awareness and fundraising needs. Build materials that are visually engaging for donors, volunteers, advocates, and community members.
- Develop and articulate compelling creative ideas with teams via mood-boards, storyboards and visual guidelines.
- Act as liaison with outside vendors as needed.
- Stay on track with emerging design trends and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider design community and report back to the team.
- Offer advice on which platform is best suited for each piece of content.
- Collaborate with staff to build social media profiles and presence to advance AC priorities.
- Assist with day-to-day office operations and provide support of team members.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Development, Marketing, Digital Media, or related field is required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and knowledge of other digital design platforms such as Canva.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate messaging.
- Ability to work independently and as a team to complete multiple assignments and meet strict deadlines.
- Clear, concise and candid communication skills; effective in working in high-functioning cross-collaborate teams.
- Detail oriented as it relates to outcome delivery and project management.
- Professional and dependable with a strong work ethic and dedication to quality work.
- Additional skills such as animation or illustration are a plus.
- Proven excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills and meticulous attention to detail with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and able to efficiently prioritize efforts to use limited resources.
- Creative and practical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage workflow.
- Ability to respond to problems and assist members and vendors calmly, in a courteous, and helpful manner.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Microsoft Office 365, Asana, and other design graphic and project management tools.
- Successful at working both independently as an individual contributor and collaboratively as a strong team player.
- Organized, self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- Quality driven.
- Good project management skills.
- Integrity, confidentiality, and professionalism.
- Credibility, accountability, and mission dedication.
- Flexibility with work schedule, practical time-management skills.
- Outgoing, energetic, and comfortable presenting to various group sizes.
- Passion for the Amputee Coalition's mission.
- Nonprofit experience with building content that represents the mission, values, and diversity.
- Understands the nonprofit industry.
- Works well both independently and in a team structure.
- Comfortable with a remote work environment.
Salary, hours, travel, and benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- A full-time, remote position may require evening, weekend work, and travel to events, conferences, and meetings.
- Benefits include health insurance, dental/vision coverage, 401k, paid time off, 13 paid holidays, short/long term disability and life insurance, and continuing education.
- Amputee Coalition is a fully remote organization; employees/temporary/contract employees are expected to operate independently from a home office.
- Requires occasional night or weekend work for this contract role.
- May require some in-person meetings, events, or conferences from time to time.
Amputee Coalition is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Individuals with a disability are encouraged to apply.
Please apply with the following link: Hiring (bamboohr.com)